As a father of two healthy – and very active – young sons, I’m thankful everyday for how lucky and blessed we are.
Some, unfortunately, do not have such an easy go of it when their children are born, and that is where the St. John’s Mercy NICUPS (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Parent Support) group comes in.
The NICUPS are a volunteer organization which is funded entirely by donations and helps families by:
– Providing one-on-one emotional and educational support.
– Provide, free-of-charge, books and other educational materials.
– Having family classes and meetings.
– Financial assistance during crisis situations.
– Making available breast pumps, car seats, gas cards and other necessities as needed to those in need free of charge.
Every winter, the NICUPS holds their Letters From Santa Fundraiser. For those unfamiliar with this project, they generate a letter from Santa to a child(ren) of your choice (or adults and pets, too!), for a donation of $6 per letter. Last year, the small group of 30 graduate parents raised over $40,000 from the letters.
This year, you can help out and order your Letter From Santa via their website at http://www.miraclebaby.org
. You can order your letter and pay for it securely on the website with your PayPal account.
What a great way to kick off the holiday season than by ordering your Letter (or letters) From Santa and helping out a great group like the NICUPS.